1) The formal assessment of physical performance is part of a normal physical therapy or occupational therapy evaluation. Separate billing for this assessment will not be recognized.
2) Every physical therapy visit entails a reassessment of the progress of the rehabilitative effort as an essential component of the visit, but not as a separately billable event. Assessment of physical performance is one element of the reassessment of the progress of therapy.
3) When a formal periodic reassessment of progress in physical or occupational therapy is performed, an assessment of physical performance is an inherent part of that reassessment, and is not a separately billable service.
4) 97750 is not a separately reimbursable service.
5) When a functional capacity evaluation is performed for purposes of evaluating disability or evaluating an individual’s capacity for performing a particular job, such testing is considered administrative rather than Medically Necessary, and the testing is not covered.
Codes Used In This BI:
97750 Physical performance test